Preamble and Definitions.
- The terms “Remoty”, “App“, “Call-Session“,“Challenge”, “Challenge Related Information”, “Helper“, “Helpee“, “Individual“, ” Governing Law“, “User Account” and “You” shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in the T&C.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” or ” PII” – shall mean any information, data or content, in any format or media which: (a) You (as a Helpee or Helper) knowingly insert and/or otherwise upload to the App to create Your User Account; and/or (b) You (as Helpee or Helper) insert and/or otherwise upload to the App in order to Use it, which identifies or can identify You (such as Your name and/or the name of the recipient of a respective Call-Session, e-mail address, password etc.); and/or (c) Is transferred, disclosed, revealed and/or otherwise visualized in a Call-Session between a Helpee and Helper, regarding an Individual’s private affairs and/or which can personally identify an Individual and/or otherwise can be attributed to an Individual.
- “Non- Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII” – shall mean any information, data or content, in any format or media, which is anonymous and/or does not personally identify an Individual and/or reveal an Individual’s specific identity and/or cannot be attributed to an Individual, all, in whatever form is collected and/or received in or as a result of a Call-Session and/or due to the User’s Use of the App. Non-PII may include information about the User’s mobile device (such as the cellular device’s model), IP address, general location (not a specific address or location), browser type, usage time of the App etc.
- “Information” – shall mean Challenge Related Information, Non-PII and PII, all together.
Collection of Information.
- Pursuant to the Governing Law, We hereby inform You, and You hereby acknowledge that You have no legal obligation to provide Us with any Information, and the provision of it is solely based on Your free will. However, You are aware that without the provision Information, You will not be able to Use the App.
- The collection of Information may be executed by tools, including (without limitations) tools which record the video and/or audio of a Call-Session and/or the way a User is using the App.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- The collection of PII via the App commences on Your first download and installation of the App on Your mobile device (all, whether You do it as Helper and/or Helpee). Please note, that We have no control over any Challenge Related Information transferred to the App, whether by You and/or by any third party surrounding You) while the App is activated.
- USE THE APP WISELY; TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE POTENTIAL RISK OF EXPOSING PII AND/OR OTHER PRIVATE, SENSITIVE AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION (WHETHER YOURS OR OTHERS) TO HELPER AND/OR HELPEE AND/OR REMOTY (INCLUDING ANY THIRD PARTY ACTING ON ITS BEHALF). IT IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS WHILE USING THE APP IN ORDER TO AVOID UNINTENTIONAL DISCLOSURE OF VISUAL AND/OR AUDIO AND/OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, MATERIAL, CONTENT AND/OR DATA, IN WHATEVER FORM AND/OR SHAPE AND/OR SIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, BACKGROUND VOICE/SOUND/DATA), VIA WRITING, OR THE MOBILE PHONE’S BACK FACING CAMERA OR THE MOBILE PHONE’S MICROPHONE DURING A CALL-SESSION WHETHER IT IS RELATED TO THE CHALLENGE OR NOT.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- General. The collection of Non-PII via the App commences on the first download and installation of the App on Your mobile device.
- How we collect Non-PII. We may use tools (such as cookies, internet tags, recording tools etc.), in order to collect Non-PII for the purposes set forth below. Depending on Your mobile device and Your settings, You may be allowed to refuse the use of such tools. However, this may affect Your ability to use the App (whether in whole or in part) including the access and use of certain features.
- How We use Non-PII. REMOTY may use the Non-PII (regardless of a User’s Use of the App) for the purposes set forth in section 3.2, and also for the following purposes: (i) monitor and analyze User’s use of the App and, if required, for the technical administration and troubleshooting of the App; (ii) for commercial research and further development; (iii) improving the App by creating system analytics and statistical data; (iv) transfer to third party vendors, service providers, contractors who are working on our behalf for storage, process and/or back up purposes and (v) for any other legitimate purpose. You hereby warrant and represent that You will not have claim and/or demand, from any kind, regarding the use of the Non-PII any legitimate purpose.
Challenge Related Information.
Transfer to Third Parties.
- We may share and/or otherwise transfer the Information to third parties, in order to comply with any applicable law, regulations or legal requests and assist law enforcement agencies, or when We believe in good faith that disclosure of Information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity. In all cases, such Information will only be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
- We may share and/or otherwise transfer the Information to third parties to take any action in any case of dispute involving You with respect to Your usage of our App; and
- We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including the Non-PII in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Please be advised that Information may be hosted, stored, processed, maintained and transferred to various countries outside of Your state (including in Europe or the USA), where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction, and by using the App, You hereby provide Your informed consent to the use and/or process and/or hosting and/or storage and/or transfer of the Information to countries outside your state or country.
Rights regarding Personally Identifiable Information.
- You have the right to review your PII which is stored in Our database(s), and also provide a request for update, amendment and/or deletion by contacting Us at email@example.com. We will act in accordance with the Governing Law, in order to comply with your request. However, We may retain certain PII as deemed required by and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law and regulations.
- Unless otherwise requested by You and/or required by the Governing Law, Your PII will be retained for the duration the App is installed on Your mobile device, and as mentioned in section 7.1 above; the NON-PII will be kept indefinitely.
License to use Information.
- All rights, title and interest in and to any Non-PII created and/or otherwise collected by REMOTY via the App as a result of Your use of the App will be solely owned by REMOTY.
The use of the App is at Your own risk. REMOTY DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER, NOR DOES IT SUPERVISE IN ANY WAY THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION TRANSFERRED IN A CALL-SESSION BETWEEN A HELPER AND A HELPEE (WHETHER SUCH INFORMATION TRANSFERRED BY THE HELPEE OR THE HELPER). YOU HEREBY WARRANT AND REPRESENT THAT YOUR DECISION TO USE THE APP FOR THE PURPOSE REFLECT THIS ALLOCATION OF RISK, AND DISCLAIM REMOTY FROM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR LIABILITIES RELATED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE FOREGOING.
We take the safeguarding of the Information very seriously, and use a variety of methods to try to protect the Information from loss or unauthorized use or access when it is in our possession or control, including reasonable technical and organizational measures which restrict access to the Information. However, We do not promise that any Information will be fully protected from unauthorized disclosure or use. Please note that REMOTY does not check the validity of the use of Your email and password, and any Use of the App with Your email and password will be considered as Your Use of the App. Without derogating from the generality of section 9 above, You should take steps to protect Your mobile device (including any personal and/or confidential and/or sensitive information contained in it, including any PII incorporated in the User’s Account) and/or the confidentiality of any content, information or data where the App is activated and/or the privacy of any Individuals surrounding You while the App is activated.
Last Updated: 7 March, 2018